28 May 2019
Data Backup & Restore
When it comes to your backups do you know what exactly is being backed up? Files, email, databases?
When you delete a file how long will your backups software hold the file in retention before it is purged from the backup? Depending on your industry there may be legislated time periods – Does your backup provider know that?
As a business owner you need to be fully confident that your backups will work when required and the only way to do that is to run a Restore Test,
Give it a test yourself:
- Create a new file today.
- Delete the file tomorrow.
- Try restore it from your backups in 7 days time or ask your IT team to do so.
Things you may learn:
- Your backups do (or don’t) work!
- Only certain data locations are backed up
- Who needs to be involved in the restore process
- How long a restore takes